(as of July 9, 2020)
This page contains the shareholders meeting notice, shareholders meeting report and resolution notice concerning resolutions that have been approved, all of which are sent to shareholders pursuant to Article 299 of the Corporation Law. In accordance with Article 299, the directors must, as a rule, send the shareholders meeting notice no later than two weeks before the day of the shareholders meeting.
The 41st Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders
|Date and Time||June 17, 2020 (Wednesday) at 10:00 a.m.|
|Place||Osaka Castle Hotel, 6F Hall
1-1, Tenmabashikyomachi Chuo-ku, Osaka
Shareholders' Meeting Resolutions
The following presents the number of votes in favor, opposed or abstained for the matters to be resolved at the year ended March 31, 2020, general shareholders' meeting, the requirements for the resolutions to be passed and the results of voting.
|Resolutions||Approval Votes||Votes Opposed||Abstained Votes||Approval Rate (%)||Voting Results|
Proposed Appropriation of Retained Earnings
Election of Seven (7) Directors (excluding Directors who are members of the Audit and Supervisory Committee)
Election of Three (3) Directors who are members of the Audit and Supervisory Committee
Election of One (1) Substitute Director who shall be a member of the Audit and Supervisory Committee
Notes: Conditions for each proposal to be passed
- (1) For the first proposal, the approval of a majority of shareholders in attendance.
- (2) For the second, third and fourth proposal, at least one-third of the company's shareholders with voting rights are in attendance and a majority of the said shareholders in attendance approve.
- (3) The approval percentage is calculated as follows:
Approval percentage = Number of votes in approval (votes exercised prior to the meeting ＋ a portion of shareholders in attendance on the day of the meeting) ÷ Number of votes (votes exercised prior to the meeting ＋ shareholders in attendance on the day of the meeting)
- The reason why a portion of the voting rights of shareholders in attendance were not added to the total number of voting rights:
The total confirmed number of votes in approval from the votes exercised prior to the meeting and a portion of the shareholders in attendance on the day of the meeting fulfilled the requirements for each proposal. As a result, the number of voting rights for which confirmation was not made in terms of approval, opposition or abstention from shareholders in attendance on the day of the meeting were not counted because the proposals were legitimately approved in accordance with the Companies Act of Japan.
Question and Answer Summary
I'd like to ask about your plans to bring Monster Hunter: World to Nintendo Switch. Also, I want you to once again release Monster Hunter games that children in middle and high school can enjoy.
We currently do not have plans to release Monster Hunter: World on Nintendo Switch. We are looking into development of Monster Hunter games for teenage children, and hope you look forward to what the future brings.
I'd like to express my gratitude for Capcom having continued to grow over the last five years despite the highly turbulent industry and economy. While strengthening your digital strategy has facilitated growth of financial results, companies such as Apple and Google have come forward as entrants in the area of cloud gaming; what progress have you made in this area and what is your outlook? Further, through strengthening digital sales, what is your objective for the digital sales ratio?
- Regarding our support for cloud and subscription-based platforms, we recently released Shinsekai Into the Depths for Apple Arcade. Further, while there remain some technical hurdles to providing optimal experiences on 4G networks, we are closely monitoring consumers' reaction to such services in conjunction with the ongoing rollout of 5G and will continue to evaluate these trends.
- Our current digital download sales ratio is approximately 80％. While it ultimately depends on how our customers behave going forward, for the time being we are promoting our digital strategy with an objective of 90％, since there are some customers who prefer to own discs. We aim to continue expanding our business performance by maximizing the benefits of digital sales, which include being able to provide our content both for longer periods of time and throughout the world.
Past Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders
Please see "Past Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders" for the details of past shareholders meetings.