Shareholders and investors have made the practical and effective functioning of internal control into a key issue amidst an epidemic of corporate misconduct in Japan and overseas.
In this section, Capcom will explain the corporate governance structure and mechanisms that it has initiated so far based on the key concepts of “effectiveness and visibility” in terms of the results of third party assessment.
Basic Views on Corporate Governance
The Capcom Group (hereinafter referred to as the "Company" (including its subsidiaries and affiliates)) possesses as strengths:
- (i) The development and technological ability to produce the top quality games in the world
- (ii) A large number of popular intellectual properties loved throughout the world.
Basic views on corporate governance
The Company endeavors based on its corporate philosophy to build "appropriate relationships with stakeholders" and works to continually enhance its corporate governance.
To be a "Creator of entertainment culture that stimulates your senses" through entertainment in the form of games that move and excite people
Initiatives to realize corporate philosophy
- (i) Strengthen management related human resources and streamline the development of successors
- (ii) Ensure diversity in terms of gender, nationality and age, develop organizational system and improve functionality
- (iii) Build effective risk control system utilizing Board of Directors
- (iv) Enhance management transparency through timely and appropriate information disclosure and dialogue
Capcom Corporate Governance Guidelines (December 16, 2021)
Corporate Governance Report
Corporate Governance Report (December 16, 2021)
Corporate Governance Structure and Initiatives
Capcom is aware that comprehensive corporate governance ranks among management’s most important priorities. Because of this, in addition to enhancing management soundness and transparency, by building a trusting relationship with our stakeholders, such as shareholders, business partners, employees and regional society, we are increasing corporate value.