The environment surrounding the contents industry is constantly changing.
We aim to increase operating income each fiscal year through building up a stable earnings base for our medium-term business goals, going forward by accelerating specific initiatives for growth.
For our mid-term business goals:
- ● Aim for annual OP growth of 10%, supported by a stable earnings foundation
For a sustainable growth:
- ● Establish both stable growth and avenues for future growth
- ● Focusing on bolstering global expansion and growing our customer base
Medium-Term Goals Going Forward
Important Themes for FY2020
- ● Consumer Business: Aim for new record of 28 million units in sales
- Promote digital strategy via expansion of sales regions and flexible pricing
- Aim to release multiple major titles
- Pursue ongoing sales for major titles from past years
- ● Other Businesses: Grow licensing revenue and eSports business
- Build presence as an IP company by strengthening licensing revenue
- Broaden esports base via online league play in Japan and overseas
Financial Result of FY ended March 2020
For the fiscal year ended March 31, 2020 net sales were 81,591 million yen (down 18.4% from the previous fiscal year), the decrease due in part to the change from physical package sales to digital sales. In terms of profitability, profit improved at all levels due to the contribution of the hit title Monster Hunter World: Iceborne, primarily sold digitally, as well as to an increase in the percentage of highly profitable digital sales within catalog title sales.
Specifically, operating income was 22,827 million yen (up 25.8% from the previous fiscal year), ordinary income was 22,957 million yen (up 26.2% from the previous fiscal year), and net income attributable to the owners of the parent was 15,949 million yen (up 27.1% from the previous fiscal year).
As such, operating profit increased for the seventh consecutive year, and we achieved our third consecutive year of record-high profit at all levels in company history.
Operating income, Operating Margin
Net income attributable to owners of the parent
Primary Factors for Profit Growth