The business environment surrounding the game industry is continually changing. Along with setting a medium-term management goal of increasing operating income each fiscal year through building up a stable earnings foundation, we have established specific initiatives to accelerate future business growth.
Medium-term Management Objective:
- ● Aim for annual OP growth (of 10% or more), supported by stably-built earnings foundation
Medium-Term Goals Going Forward
- ● Medium-term: Focusing on growing digital sales in Consumer sub-segment
- ● Long-term: Build mobile, licensing and eSports into future revenue sources
Consumer sales volume growth
- ● Continue to grow sales volume each year by leveraging annual major title releases and digital distribution to expand sales regions and platforms
Important Themes for FY2021
- ● Forecast 9th consecutive fiscal year of operating income growth driven by Digital Contents business
- ● Aim to achieve record Consumer sub-segment sales volume of 32 million units by leveraging two major titles: Resident Evil Village and Monster Hunter Rise.
- ● Prioritizing safety in carrying out business operations while working to minimize the impact of COVID-19.
Anticipate any impact on business performance to be negligible at this point in time.
Financial Results for FY ended March 2021
During the fiscal year ended March 31, 2021, Capcom's core Digital Contents business drove results with continued success in promoting digital sales in addition to major new releases such as Monster Hunter Rise and Resident Evil 3, as well as sales growth for catalog titles such as Monster Hunter World: Iceborne. Further, following its mainline business strategy of promoting digital sales, Capcom saw growth in overseas revenue due to realizing both expansion of its regional markets and longer product lives for its titles. Altogether, the above factors resulted in the eighth consecutive year of operating income growth, and the fourth consecutive year of record-high profit at all levels in company history.
Operating income, Operating Margin
Net income attributable to owners of the parent
Primary Factors for Sales and Profits Growth