- What is the company name derived from?
- It is derived from Capsule Computer.
Please refer to “Origin of Capcom Name” in “Corporate Philosophy” for more information.
- When was Capcom founded?
- It was founded on May 30, 1979
- What are Capcom’s business segments?
- Capcom has built a structure of “Single Content Multiple Usage” to maximize the profitability of single content within the group by adapting our game content to other entertainment businesses. Creating new hit titles will thus lead to increased profit in the Digital Contents as well as in others.
For details, please refer to “Business Segments.“
- What is Capcom’s competitive edge?
- Capcom’s strength is threefold.
- We have “long-lasting intellectual properties with universal market appeal” such as million-selling titles and popular characters like Resident Evil.
- We have an “advanced ability to develop original game content”. RE ENGINE supports the latest technologies such as VR, and it dramatically shortens the time required for each process in game development. Also, we have new R&D Building which is equipped with world-class development equipment and technology.
- We are working to further enhance management visualization as well as strengthen our organizational design to better allow our external directors to carry out oversight.
- When was the initial public offering of Capcom’s shares?
- It was offered over the counter in October 1990.
- When was Capcom’s share listed in the Tokyo Stock Exchange?
- It was listed in the first section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange in October 2000.
- How do I get to the Capcom office?
- The map to the office is available in “Locations.“
- Is there a website for the Capcom Group?
- There is a link in “Capcom Group.“
- What is Capcom’s management policies and strategies?
- Please refer to “Management Objectives” and “Management Plan.“
- What is Capcom’s business goal?
- We aim to increase operating income each fiscal year through building up a stable earnings base.
Please refer to “Management Plan.“
- What is your dividend policy?
- One of our management priorities is to provide stable and continuous dividends to all shareholders, taking account into our future business strategies as well as our management environment. Please refer to “Shareholders Return.“
- What is Capcom’s corporate governance?
- Please refer to “Corporate Governance.“
- How much does Capcom pay the directors as remuneration?
- Please refer to “Officer Remuneration” and “Auditor Remuneration” in “Structure and Initiatives” of “Corporate Governance.”
- Which firm is Capcom’s accounting auditor?
- We have appointed KPMG AZSA LLC as the accounting auditor of us pursuant to resolutions of ordinary general meeting of shareholders held on June 15, 2012.
- What are your FY2021 Q1 financial results?
In our consolidated business results for the three months ended June 30, 2021, Capcom’s core Digital Contents business drove business results through its continued pursuit of digital sales growth, including with a major new release in its flagship series Resident Evil Village and sales of catalog titles such as Monster Hunter Rise. Further, sales volume for its home video games were 13.3 million units (up 44.6% year-over-year). As a result, Capcom achieved its highest net sales as well as highest levels of all profit items for a first quarter.
Net sales were 48,423 million yen (up 104.1% year-over-year), operating income was 23,604 million yen (up 120.4% year-over-year), ordinary income was 23,899 million yen (up 125.0% year-over-year), and net income attributable to owners of the parent was 17,340 million yen (up 121.9% year-over-year).
The forecast for the consolidated business results for the current fiscal year ending March 31, 2022 remains the same as what was projected at the financial results announcement on May 10, 2021.
- Where can I find the question and answer summary for the latest financial results presentation?
- The “Question and Answer Summary” for the FY2021 Q1 Financial Results Presentation is available on the “Presentation and Video” page.
- What is the outlook for FY2021 ending March 2022?
This fiscal year, we once again aim to stably grow our core Consumer business with major new title releases and strengthened digital sales.
For the fiscal year ending March 31, 2022, Capcom anticipates net sales of 100,000 million yen and operating income of 42,000 million yen, which would result in nine consecutive years of operating income growth and five consecutive years of record high profit at all levels.January 21, 2021 Update:
For the fiscal year ending March 31, 2021, Capcom anticipates net sales of 92,000 million yen, operating income of 30,500 million yen, ordinary income of 30,000 million yen, net income attributable to owners of the parent of 21,000 million yen.
For details, see our “Business Divisional Strategies and Projections” located on our “Presentation and Video” page.For details, see our press release announced on January 21, 2021 and the “Forecast Revisions” located on our “Presentation and Video” page.
* The forecasts presented here are based on information that was available at the time of their announcement. Actual results may differ for a number of reasons.
- Where can the information of past performance financial results be found?
- They will be available in the “Consolidated Balance Sheets” and “Consolidated Statements of Income.“
- Where can the indicators such as Return on Equity, Capital Adequacy Ratio, and Interest-bearing debt be found?
- They are found in the “Management Index“, “Segment Information” and “Financial Index.“
- What is the rating for bonds issued by Capcom?
- There are no convertible bonds rated by Moody’s and R&I at this time. Please refer to “Bond Issues” for more information.
- Where can I get Capcom’s Annual Reports?
- Please download the file from “Annual Report (Integrated Report)” or request it from “Request for Documents.“
- Where can I get documents of financial results presentation?
- Please download the file from “Presentation and Video”.
- When is the fiscal term?
- It is on March 31.
- When will the next financial results be announced?
- Please refer to “IR Calendar.“
- How can I view the presentation for financial results?
- You can view webcasts of our financial results presentation.
Please refer to “Presentation and Video” for details.
- Which securities cover Capcom?
- Please refer to “Analysts’ Evaluation.“
- What is the security code for Capcom?
- It is 9697.
- What is the trade size of Capcom shares?
- 1One trade size is for 100 shares/unit.
- When is the shareholders’ meeting held?
- The shareholders’ meeting will be held in mid-June. Please refer to the “IR Calendar” for other IR events.
- Are there any preferential services for shareholders?
- Capcom provides no preferential services for shareholders and treats all equally. Please refer to “Shareholders Return” in Stock & Debt Information.
- When is the decision date for dividend payments?
- There is year-end dividend on March 31, and interim dividend on September 30.
- How much is Capcom’s annual dividend?
- Our annual dividend for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2022 is expected to be 36 yen.
For current and historical dividend, please refer to “Shareholders Return” in Stock & Debt Information.
- How much treasury stock does Capcom hold?
- Capcom holds 28,696 thousand shares in treasury stock (as of March 31, 2021).
Regarding our share repurchases, please refer to “Shareholders Return“, for current and historical stock splits information, please refer to “Stock Splits.“
- Who are Capcom’s major shareholders?
- Our biggest shareholder is Crossroad Co., Ltd. (Percentage of shareholding: 10.01%, as of March 31, 2021). Regarding other major shareholders information, please refer to “Stock Data.“
- What percentage of shares are held by foreign investors?
- The percentage of shares held by foreign investors (including institutions) is 38.24% (as of March 31, 2021). For other shareholders, please refer to “Breakdown by Investor Type” in “Stock Information.”
- Is it possible to visit the company for a tour?
- We are sorry to say that we do not arrange on-site tours for visitors to the company.
For details, please refer to “Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).“
- How can I get latest company information and/or press release?
- Please register “E-mail Alerts.“
Once you register your e-mail address, you will receive e-mails in the future whenever we update our website.
- How can I obtain the documents?
- We send documents such as annual report by mail upon request. Please submit your request via the “Request for Document.“
- What were the sales results of “Resident Evil” and “Monster Hunter”?
- Please refer to “Game Series Sales” for each title sales result.
- What are the annual sales volume and total unit sales of your consumer games?
- Please refer to “Consumer Business Sales Volume.“
- Tell us about Capcom’s CSR activities to fulfill corporate social responsibility.
- As a home video games company, we conduct awareness campaigns to promote the proper understanding of home video games, by providing educational support to students and through social education. For details, please refer to “The Social Dimension of CSR Activities” or “Educational Support Activities.“
For all support inquiries related to Capcom, please visit the Contact Page.
- Top Message
- Management Policy and Strategy
- Individual Investors
- Financial Data
- Reports and Materials
- Stock & Debt
- Product Data
January 26, 20223rd Quarter FY2021 Financial Results Announcement
December 23, 2021-January 25, 2022Quiet Period
November 12, 2021Cash Dividend Disbursement
- Integrated Report
IR Social Accounts
Top 5 Recommended Pages