Net sales/Operating margins
This business develops and sells package games and digital download content for the Consumer sub-segment. It also develops and manages Mobile Contents and PC Online Games.
Consumer games produce creative original content with a focus on action and adventure. Many of these million-seller titles are used for smartphone, tablet device and PC online games distributed worldwide in an attempt to maximize earnings.
Operating Results for This Fiscal Year
Consumer (Package + Digital Download Contents)
- Monster Hunter X (Cross) surpassed initial projections to sell 3.3 million units
- Resident Evil Revelations 2 was released last year and maintained brisk sales at 850,000 units
- Street Fighter V sold 1.4 million units mainly overseas, falling short of sales projections
- New app Monster Hunter Explore achieved more than 3 million downloads
- Existing titles under the Capcom and Beeline brands continued to struggle amid a fiercely competitive environment
- Online game Monster Hunter Frontier G contributed to stability
- Sales of the new online game Dragon's Dogma Online were firm
- In China, Monster Hunter Online services were official launched
Main Products for This Fiscal Year (Output)
Monster Hunter X (Cross)
The addition of new hunting techniques, hunting styles and other elements to the world and gameplay of the original series have proven popular, causing this spinoff title to surpass initial sales projections of 2.5 million units to sell 3.3 million units.
Street Fighter V
The first title in this series to introduce cross-platform gameplay enabling players on PlayStation 4 and PCs to battle one another. Capcom plans to continuously update game content from the next fiscal year forward.