We, CAPCOM CO., LTD. （"Capcom"）, endeavor to comply with the following and protect the personal information of our customers, suppliers, shareholders and others ("You" or "Your").
- «Personal information of underage person »
- The Company will effect the same protection provided for personal information belonging to adults as to underage person.
- We request that personal information belonging to people under the age of 16 should be provided only with the consent of his or her guardian.
1. Purposes to use personal information
We will use personal information, such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, dates of birth, email addresses received from You, recordings of conversations (includes other information which can identify individuals by referring to other information held by us, such as Your transaction records with us and their IDs), for the following purposes. However, if we use personal information for purposes other than set below, we will inform the purpose of use of such information to each of the individuals before obtaining such information.
[ Personal Information of Customers ]
- (1) To deliver information to customers.
- (2) To deliver products and services, and to run events and campaigns for customers and others.
- (3) To provide information about products and services purchased by customers, events and campaigns participated by customers. Such information may include information regarding products and services of third parties including Capcom group companies. However, personal information of customers shall not be provided to these third parties unless prior consents are obtained from customers concerned.
- (4) To respond to inquiries from customers and provide after-sales service for products. Please note that telephone calls to all Capcom inquiry counters may be recorded to help ensure prompt and accurate responses to inquiries.
- (5) To send questionnaires to customers to produce statistical and use analysis or marketing and others, regarding products and services they have purchased, and events and campaigns they have participated in.
- (6) To improve or enhance our products, services, events, campaigns , etc., or to develop new products, services, events and campaigns, etc.
[ Personal information of stockholders ]
- (1) To allow stockholders to exercise their rights and perform their obligations based on corporation law.
- (2) To provide information about business operations of Capcom and its group companies.
- (3) To implement measures to promote harmonious relationship between stockholders and Capcom.
- (4) To manage and create information for stockholders using a relevant criteria based on appropriate laws and regulations.
2. Entrusting handling of personal information
When Capcom entrusts any handling of personal information to any third party, it shall provide supervisions necessary to protect personal information by selecting appropriate vender to entrust such handling, making a non-disclosure agreement with the vender, and inspecting management system of the vender.
3. Disclosure to the third party
No personal information obtained from You customers by Capcom shall be provided to any third party unless one or more of the following situation applies:
- (1) When prior agreement/consent has been obtained from You.
- (2) When Capcom is inquired or required by national government, local public body, administrative office, law association or other equivalent organizations, or individuals.
- (3) When Capcom is required by law.
4．Handling of Personal data collected by Capcom web site through Your access or use of application
Some Capcom web site automatically collects information about You, such as the information abouthardware and software You have, when You view the site or download application from the site. For more information on those cases and intended purposes of such information, refer to Capcom web page "Handling of Personal data collected by Capcom web site through You access or use of application."
5．Obtaining of personal information from You outside of Japan
Personal information obtained from You outside of Japan is protected by Capcom according to Japanese laws and regulations, unless these laws and regulations are superseded by local laws and regulations of You However, the security level provided by Japanese laws and regulations may be lower than that by local laws and regulations of You
6．Disclosure, correction or deletion of personal information
- (1) When You wish to have Your own personal information disclosed, corrected, deleted, etc., You should complete the designated request form with the required information and enclose together in an envelope the identification documents listed below and send it by post to the Personal Information Inquiry Contact.
Application is only accepted by post. The reply will be sent in writing to the address that you designated. The request will be dealt with in as speedy a manner as is feasible.
- (2) The disclosure of personal information incurs a charge of 500 yen. Remittance should be made by a postal money order, which should be enclosed with the disclosure request form. Even if disclosure is not made, the remitted charge will not be returned.
*Please obtain the postal money order from a post office. A handling charge is payable to the post office to purchase a postal money order.
Click here to print the necessary request documents.
[ Identification Documents ]
The following documents are necessary in order for us to confirm the identity of the person requesting disclosure.
- I. When You are requesting disclosure of Your own information:
- A photocopy of Your driving license and Your certified resident's card
(As an alternative to the driving license, a photocopy can be submitted of the following: health insurance card, pension book, passport, etc.)
- II. When another person representing You are requesting the information:
- A photocopy of 'Your and the representative's driving license and their resident's cards, a letter of attorney (As an alternative to the driving license, a photocopy can be submitted of the following: health insurance card, pension book passport, etc. When the representative is a legal attorney, only his or her professional registration number is required as his or her identification.)