Personal Information Protection Policy
We, CAPCOM CO., LTD. （"Capcom"）, believe it is our social responsibility to appropriately execute safe management of personal information regarding our customers, suppliers, shareholders and others ("You" or "Your"), and concern that we use it for professional purposes with a full recognition of the importance of such information.
In handling personal information, we observe laws and regulations relating to the protection of personal information. Moreover, assessing the protection of personal information as one of our most important duties, we conduct in-house education and awareness-raising activities necessary to ensure correct treatment of personal information. Every one of the Capcom executives and employees, with a common understanding of the importance of personal information protection, commits ourselves to conduct our business operation in accordance with the following Personal Information Protection Policy.
- Capcom handles personal information in compliance with the Personal Information Protection Law and other relevant regulations relating to the handling of personal information.
- Capcom has established the personal information protection program in conformity with the Personal Information Protection Law and other relevant regulations, and endeavors to continuously review such program for improvement.
- Capcom will collect personal information only through fair and legal means.
- Capcom will specify and clarify the purpose of use to collect personal information (ex. for user support or for product shipping) in advance and handle such information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose. For the predefined purposes of use, refer to "Handling of Personal Information."
- Capcom devises necessary and appropriate measures for safe management of personal information we have obtained in order to prevent unauthorized access, loss, destruction, tampering, or leakage, etc., and constantly try to improve such measures.
- Capcom may entrust its business operations to third parties in which personal information may be handled and disclosed. In these cases, Capcom will implement appropriate measures to safeguard the confidentiality of personal information, including the execution of agreements.
- Capcom will respond to Your requests for the disclosure, correction, deletion, etc. of personal information obtained from them You as soon as reasonably practical;
- Capcom has created an inquiry counter to respond promptly and appropriately to complaints or inquiries from You regarding the handling of personal information.
CAPCOM CO., LTD.
Established on: August 1, 2010
Revised on: June 23, 2017
Handling of Personal Information
We, CAPCOM CO., LTD. ("Capcom"), located at 3-1-3 Uchihiranomachi, Chuo-ku, Osaka 540-0037, Japan, will obtain and use personal information of our customers as set below. The term "personal information" has the same meaning as it is given in Personal Information Protection Law. However, in some cases, it is used to mean other information used to identify an individual directly or indirectly.
- Information we collect and the purposes for the usage of such information
- Sharing your information with venders and affiliates of Capcom, or any other third-parties
- About personal information of children
- Inquiries for your personal information
- For customers within EEA (European Economic Area) territories
1. Information we collect and the purposes for the usage of such information
①When you buy our products or apply for our services, the following information may be collected by Capcom.
- Your name, e-mail address, address, age, telephone number, payment information and other information.
- Purposes of use: We use the above information to ensure the delivery of our products and services you purchase, and after sales-services. We also use the information to send postal mails and e-mails regarding products and services you have purchased. These mails may contain information about products and services of third parties including Capcom's affiliates; however, we will not disclose your personal information to such third parties unless we obtain explicit consents from you.
Furthermore, we use your personal information for marketing, statistical study and usage analysis, so as to improve or enhance qualities of our products and services you purchased, or to develop new products or services.
②When you inquire about Capcom's business activities, products, or services, the following information may be collected.
- Your name, e-mail address, telephone number, information regarding your gaming platform/device and any usage information, details regarding the usage of our services, as well as other information collected to answer your inquiries.
- Purposes of use: We use the above information to investigate the contents of your inquiry and to assure that our responses are delivered to you. Also, we record and maintain communication details of your inquiries as well as the recording of the conversations so as to understand the exact information of your inquiries.
③When you apply for our events and campaigns, the following information may be collected.
- Your name, e-mail address, age, address, phone number, and other information.
- Purposes of use: We use the above information;
To contact you for events or campaigns you may participate in, and requirements to join such events, as well as to provide you with benefits/prizes from Capcom.
We may ask you to present your identification document to check if you are qualified to participate in these events.
To send postal mails and e-mails regarding our events and campaigns that you may wish to join. Although these mails may contain information about products and services of third parties such as our affiliates, we will not provide your personal information to these third parties without your consent.
To produce marketing documents related with events and campaigns; to generate statistical or usage analysis data; to improve qualities of our events and campaigns or to plan new events and campaigns.
④When you use our mobile phone apps, the following information may be collected.
- Information on your mobile device (device information including device ID, device model information and OS version), location information, directory information, in-app purchase information, play log, advertisement identifiers, SNS ID, and user name, scores and other information if the application uses Game Center/Google Play game services.
- Purposes of use: We use the above information to provide services through installed apps, user support, display advertisement related with these apps, and usage analysis.
Based on the agreement with the mobile application distribution platform, we may receive information such as order history, purchase price, etc. on contents sold to you.
⑤When you play our console/PC game software with online connection, the following information may be collected.
- Platform ID, user name, game score, game play history, your game setting and other information.
- Purposes of use: We use the above information to provide online function/services in connection with a game, record and store your play information, verify, investigate, and remedy a game's malfunctions, respond to your inquiries, and perform other processing necessary for the operation of a game.
⑥When you register into our mailing lists, the following information may be collected.
- Information such as your name and e-mail address.
- Purposes of use: We use the above information to send e-mails to you, and to confirm your identification when we receive inquiries about e-mail delivery.
⑦The following information may be collected from our investors and shareholders.
- Your name, e-mail address, address, phone number, when the acquisition of our shares was made, number of shares, information such as your administration number given by your securities agent.
- Purposes of use: We use the above information;
To allow shareholders to exercise their rights and to perform their obligations based on Companies Act.
To provide information on business operations of Capcom and its affiliates and to implement relevant measures to facilitate the relationship between Capcom and our shareholders.
This information will be used to manage services to shareholders by means of, such as creating data of shareholders according to appropriate standards pursuant to the relevant laws and regulations.
⑧Personal information collected through recruitment activities.
- Please refer to this link.
⑨The following information may be collected at amusement facilities operated by Capcom.
- Images recorded by monitoring cameras.
- Purpose of use: We use the above information for security purposes in amusement facilities.
⑩Personal information obtained in other situations.
- *The information set forth above from ① to ⑩ will be referred to as "personal information".
*As for handling of personal information by affiliates of Capcom, please refer to their respective privacy policies.
2. Sharing your information with venders and affiliates of Capcom, or any other third-parties
When Capcom entrusts processing of personal information to any third parties, we endeavor to protect your information by providing necessary measures and supervisions, such as selecting appropriate venders to entrust such processing, making non-disclosure or other necessary agreements with venders, and inspecting their management systems.
Capcom may share your personal information with our affiliates. For a list of our affiliates, please refer here.
Capcom shall not disclose your information to any third parties unless any of the following cases apply.
- (1) When Capcom receives your agreement/consent in advance.
- (2) When Capcom is requested or required by national government, local public authorities, administrative office, bar association, other equivalent organizations or individuals.
- (3) When Capcom is required by applicable law.
3. About personal information of children
We request that personal information of children under the age of 16 should be provided only with the consent or approval of the parents or guardian. If you are under 16, you must obtain consent or permission from your parents or guardian before providing us with your personal information.
4. Inquiries for your personal information
If you have requests or questions concerning your personal information, please follow the instructions below. We appreciate your understanding that our responses may be sent to you from the person in charge of the relevant service if applicable.
- (1) To submit inquiries relating to the disclosure, correction and/or erasure of our use of your information, please fill out the request form and send it to Personal Information Inquiry Contact by postal mail together with the following identification documents.
To print out the request form, click the following link. Please understand that we do not accept inquiries directed to us by other means than postal mail. Our response in writing will be sent to your designated address. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period.
- (2) For an inquiry relating to disclosure of personal information, a fee of 500 yen will be charged. Please make such payment by postal money order. The fee will not be returned even if the requested personal information will not be disclosed to you.
*Please purchase the postal money order at post office counter. A separate fee will be charged for such purchase.
- (3) Please make inquiries from the online form. The form will ask you to enter your name, e-mail address, and inquiry contents.
5. For customers within EEA (European Economic Area) territories
- (1) To the extent General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") applies, Capcom may obtain and use personal information in the following cases.
- ①When it is necessary for performing contracts with you or for any procedures before entering into contracts.
- ②When it is based on legitimate interests pursued by Capcom or third parties;
For example, survey and analysis on users based on access history of our website, the sharing and storage of inquiry contents within the company, or sending marketing e-mail to you.
- ③When Capcom receives consents from you.
- ④When Capcom is allowed to process personal information pursuant to the GDPR.
- (2) When Capcom handles your personal information for purposes other than the above, it will provide you with the information required by the laws and regulations in advance of such handling of personal information.
- (3) The personal information you are requested to provide may be necessary to provide you with our services. Therefore, when you reject to provide such information, you may not be able to use our services.
When we ask you to give your specific consent, you may freely decide whether to give such consent. Your consent may also be withdrawn at any time; however it will not affect processing which has already been carried out before such withdrawal.
- (5) Capcom will retain personal information obtained from you as long as it is necessary to accomplish the purpose, in accordance with our internal regulations.
- (6) Capcom may share personal information with contractors, service providers, affiliates, or other third parties, to the extent necessary for the purposes of use specified above.
- - Outside EEA, the level of the data protection law may be lower than EEA therefore data subjects may not be able receive the same rights as those in EEA.
- - Your personal information may be disclosed to third parties located outside EEA.
- - In order to accomplish the purposes set forth above, your personal information may be provided to not only Capcom but also to third parties located outside EEA, where your personal information may be processed by such third parties.
- (8) When Capcom transfers your personal information from Japan to any regions outside EEA, we will take reasonable measures to protect your personal information by providing appropriate safeguards such as entering standard contracts with third-parties in such regions.
- (9) You may exercise the rights to access, rectify, erase, and restrict processing or data portability in certain situations. However, please note that you can exercise those rights concerning personal information handled by Capcom to the extent the GDPR applies.
- (10) You may have the right to submit an objection either to us or to the appropriate supervisory data protection authority of your region regarding processing of your personal information.
- (11)The purpose and means to handle personal information are determined by Capcom. For inquiries about your information, please refer to this page.
Contact information of our data protection officer is as follows.
CAPCOM CO., LTD. 3-1-3 Uchihiranomachi, Chuo-ku, Osaka 540-0037, Japan
Personal Information Inquiry Contact
Amended on May 18, 2018
Handling of personal data collected by Capcom web site
- Capcom keeps access logs of customers visiting our web sites in a server controlled by Capcom. Such information is used for statistical data for the usage survey and analysis of our web sites.
Capcom may collect browsing information of visitors to web sites operated by Capcom through technical means such as cookies and web beacons.
"Cookies" are small text files sent through browsers from our web servers to your computers and mobile devices intended to be stored in such storages within your computer or device when you access our web sites.
In general, there are two types of "Cookies," one is "first party cookie" and the other is "third party cookie". "first party cookies" are set by Capcom generally to allow you to use functions available on our web sites, while "third party cookies" are set by affiliated third parties. Some "third party cookies" are set by any affiliated advertising partners in order to post our online ads in an effective way.
"Web beacons" are small Java Script or image files embedded in web sites or e-mails intended to collect browsing information of web sites or e-mails.
Cookies are used to automatically identify your browsers when you visit internet sites. They may be used for purposes such as to avoid entry of same information made by you and to help improve customer experience. Capcom may use information collected through technologies such as cookies and web beacons for such as usage analysis of web sites to improve performance of and services available on our web sites.
Also, Capcom may use re-targeting services provided by some third parties to distribute appropriate ads to visitors of our web sites.
You can disable cookies at any time you like by changing your browser settings. Please note that some contents of our web sites will not be available when you disable cookies.
You can also disable cookies from the following pages.
- ■Google Analytics
Google Analytics opt-out add-on
- ■Twitter Ads
Disabling ad display settings
- ■Google Analytics
- Our website uses a data encryption mechanism for secure communication called SSL in pages which contain personal information such as names and e-mails, so as to prevent personal information from being stolen or tampered with. We also deploy a firewall system to prevent unauthorized access to our servers.
- For maintenance of your registered ID and password
- We are not responsible for any unauthorized use by third parties. Please be careful in managing your ID and password. Please note that if your personal information is falsified, information belonging to another party is registered, or some other improper use is made, we may discontinue the use of the ID and password concerned.
- For protection of personal information on websites of other companies
- We are not responsible for the protection of personal information on websites of any third parties linked to our web sites.
- Governing law
Application Documents Required for Personal Information Disclosure, etc.
When the customer wishes to have his or her own personal information disclosed, corrected, deleted, etc, the customer should print the document designated below and complete with the required information, enclose together in an envelope the identification documents and send it by post to the Personal Information Inquiry Contact.
Application is only accepted by post. The reply will be sent in writing to the address that you designated. The request will be dealt with in as speedy a manner as is feasible.
The following documents are necessary in order for us to confirm the identity of the person requesting disclosure.
- When the customer is requesting disclosure of his or her own information:
identity verification documents
When another person representing the customer is requesting the information:
Documents for identity confirmation of the principal and the agent and documents indicating the proxy of the power of attorney.
[What is the Identity Confirmation Document]
One of the following types.
A copy of the certificate of residence (within three months from the date of acquisition), driver's license, health insurance card, pension book, or passport.
If the agent is an attorney at law, the attorney's registration number may be used. (All names, dates of birth, and current addresses are stated and only within the valid period.)
- If a disclosure of personal information is to be requested:
- Download document (PDF:112k) (Japanese Only)
The disclosure of personal information incurs a charge of 500 yen. Remittance should be made by postal order, which should be enclosed with the disclosure request form. Even if disclosure is not made, the remitted charge will not be returned.
*Please obtain the postal money order from a post office. A handling charge is payable to the post office to purchase a postal money order.
- Download document (PDF:112k) (Japanese Only)
- If a correction, addition or deletion of personal information is to be requested:
- Download document (PDF:120k) (Japanese Only)
- If a discontinuation of use of personal information, erasure or discontinuation of provision to a third party is to be requested:
- Download document (PDF:116k) (Japanese Only)
Personal Information Inquiry Contact
If you have any questions or concerns about Capcom's privacy, please contact us by writing us:
Capcom Co., Ltd.
Personal Information Inquiry Contact
3-1-3, Uchihirano-machi, Chuo-ku
Osaka 540-0037, Japan
Or please click here to submit feedback online