This tournament has ended.
CAPCOM Pro Tour Japan Premier
TOKYO GAME SHOW 2018
- General Admissions Days
Open: Sept. 22nd (Saturday)- 23rd(Sunday)
Total Prize Pool: 10,000,000 JPY!
Now accepting challengers from all over the world!
Sept. 22nd-23rd, 2018
Note: The qualification event participation reception has ended.
Please be sure to check the announcement for the participants and spectators of the event.
Sept. 22nd (Saturday) 10:00 - 19:00 (subject to change)
: Makuhari Messe – International Conference Hall 2F Convention Hall B
Note: You do not need a TOKYO GAME SHOW 2018 entry pass to participate in the qualifiers.
: Sept. 23rd (Sunday) 14:30 - 18：00 (subject to change)
: Makuhari Messe – International Exhibition Hall 11「e-Sports X」 BLUE Stage
Note: The finals will include the top 8 competitors from the qualifiers.
- 【Notification to participants in the event】
- 1：Those who have applied for the tournament at smash.gg can participate in this event.
2：Please check the scheduled start time of your own qualifying pool on smash.gg.
Entrants will be disqualified if they can not complete event qualification at the qualification venue by the scheduled start time. Please arrive at the venue as early as possible with plenty of time to spare.
- 3：Baggage inspections will be conducted by the organizers of the Tokyo Game Show at the entrance of the International Conference Hall, which will be the preliminary round hall.Please arrive here with plenty of time as well.
- 4：As it is expected that Tokyo Game Show will be very crowded on the morning on Saturday, September 22, please be aware that entering the exhibition hall once may result in not being able to arrive in time for qualifying start time.
- 5：You can not participate in the competition if you are under the age of 13 as of March 1, 2018.
6：Since we may double confirm the consent of the legal representative (parental authority) at the reception of the tournament, please make sure that you can contact your legal representative (parental authority) by telephone at all times.
In addition, when minors advance to the top eight in the preliminary tournament, we will confirm with your legal representative (custodian) via phone.
Please note that you will be disqualified at this point if we can not contact legal representative (custodian) via phone.
- 7.1：Participants agree that Capcom, CAPCOM USA, INC. (Hereinafter referred to as "CUSA"), and third parties authorized by these persons will be able to access the participants' names, appearances, portraits, voice, or any player information such as public image via filming, recording, photographing (any photographic recording material of players will hereinafter be referred to as "player image").
7.2：Participants agree that Capcom, CUSA, and third parties authorized by these persons may approach the “player image” through any of the following methods; editing, playing, posting, streaming, duplicating, exhibiting, performing, transmitting, broadcasting, or any other means.
The use of these may be based on known media and all future media to be developed, regardless of whether it is with one person or another, partly or in whole, single or combined with other materials, Including permanent use worldwide, its purpose including; sales, promotion, publicity and all other legitimate purposes, additional remuneration, consideration, notice or license obtained unless prohibited by law Shall be unnecessary.
- 7.3：Participants agree to the contents of 7.1 and 7.2 above and can not request Capcom, CUSA, or a third party authorized by these persons to stop using the player image, etc.
- 8：Regarding details of other convention regulations, please be sure to check from the bottom of this page.
- 【Notification to Spectators in the event】
- 1：By spectating in a Tournament, spectators hereby grants to Capcom, CUSA and each of its designees permission to record, videotape and photograph the player (“Spectator Images”). All Spectator Images will be owned by Capcom.
- 2：Spectator grants to Capcom, CUSA and each of its designees, the right to use, edit, adapt, post, stream, copy, display, perform, transmit, broadcast, and otherwise exploit Spectator Images, including any names, likenesses, voice, conversation and any other attributes of the spectator‘s personality and appearance, individually or with others, in whole or in part, alone or in conjunction with other material, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity throughout the world, for the purpose of trade, advertising, promotion or any other lawful purpose whatsoever, without additional compensation, consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
- 3：Spectators accept the terms laid out in Clauses 1 and 2, and that they will not be able to request the removal or discontinuation of use of any Spectator Images from CAPCOM, CUSA, or any approved 3rd party.
Fifth place ties
Seventh place ties
Note:For receiving and accpeting the prize, please read participation terms and conditions.
Double Elimination, First to 2 until Top 8, First to 3 for Top 8 matches.
Versus Mode, Time: 99 seconds, 3 Rounds (5 Rounds for Top 8 matches)
Note: Game data will contain all patches, updates, and stages released up until the day of the tournament.
This includes character packs released up to seven days prior to the day of the tournament.
Bans / Limitations:
The use of R. Mika's professional costume (pom poms) is not permitted.
Stage selection is set to Random, however the following stages will not be selected: The Grid, Kanzuki Beach, Skies of Honor, and Flamenco Tavern
All other rules follow the CAPCOM Pro Tour ruleset.
Tournament participation agreement
Also, this Tournament is the "Japan Premier" of the "CAPCOM Pro Tour" series hosted by CAPCOM U.S.A., INC, a California corporation("CUSA"). All rules not outlined in the Tournament Participation Terms and Conditions will follow CUSA Capcom Pro Tour official rules.
2. Please see the link below for the Capcom Pro Tour Official Terms and Conditions.
All players who are 13 years old or older, but are under the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they live (a “Minor”), must have the permission of a parent or legal representative to register for and participate in the Tournament.
Upon entering in the Tournament it will be assumed you have obtained the permission of a parent or legal representative.
Note: As of March 3rd, 2018 the Tournament is not accepting any entries from persons under the age of 13.
All participants are requested to bring contact information in a written form of a family member or anyone who can come to the venue and nearby facilities (i.e. local hospital) in case of an emergency.
We also ask all foreign participants to bring contact information of temporary guardian or someone who can offer the support in Japan.（All contact information is expected to be submitted to the staff. ）
Tournament Participation Terms and Conditions
- 1. You must read and accept both the Capcom Pro Tour Japan Premier Tournament Participation Terms and Conditions (hereinafter, "Tournament Participation Terms and Conditions") and Capcom Pro Tour Official Terms and Conditions to participate in the Tournament.
- 1.1 If there is any inconsistency between the Tournament Participation Terms and Conditions and Capcom Pro Tour Official Terms and Conditions, Tournament Participation Terms and Conditions shall apply to the Tournament.
- 2. The Tournament is open to all players including those not residents of Japan.
- 3. On the day of the Tournament please make sure to bring some form of official personal identification (driver's license, passport, etc.). If you are not able to provide identification when a Tournament official asks you to at either the Qualifiers or Finals, you will not be allowed to participate.
- 4. Each player may only apply to enter once. Multiple entries or multiple attempts to participate in the tournament will not be permitted.
5.1 The player shall be responsible for all expenses incurred to participate in the Tournament.
Even if the Tournament is cancelled for any reason, CAPCOM and CUSA will not be responsible for any expenses including travel and accomodation of the player.
5.2 Players from outside Japan are expected to obtain any necessary forms and documents required to enter Japan.
CAPCOM and CUSA will not provide any support or answer any personal questions regarding any such procedure.
- 6.1 This Tournament is an official tournament of the Japan Esports Union (referred to as "JeSU").
- 6.2 A JeSU Official Pro License is necessary to receive any of the Tournament's prize money.
6.3 The top 8 players in the Finals will receive prizes in the following amounts:
1st place: 5,000,000 JPY
2nd place: 2,500,000 JPY
3rd place: 1,500,000 JPY
4th place: 500,000 JPY
5th and 6th place: 150,000 JPY (per player)
7th and 8th place: 100,000 JPY (per player)
6.4 CAPCOM, according to JeSU rules and regulations, can recommend the top 8 players of the Tournament, an official tournament of JeSU, receive JeSU Official Pro Licenses.
These licenses are provided in agreement with the JeSU Official Pro License Terms and Conditions. Players between the ages of 13 and 15 can receive a Japan esports Junior License (these players cannot receive a JeSU Official Pro License).
These players will not receive prize money, and will instead be awarded a trophy according to their ranking in the Tournament as well as points according to CAPCOM Pro Tour Official Terms and Conditions.
- Note: Players from outside of Japan will still be able to receive prize money even though they are not eligible for a JeSU Official Pro License.
- 7.1 By participating in a Tournament, player hereby grants to Capcom, CUSA and each of its designees permission to record, videotape and photograph the player (“Player Images”). All Player Images will be owned by Capcom.
- 7.2 Player grants to Capcom, CUSA and each of its designees, the right to use, edit, adapt, post, stream, copy, display, perform, transmit, broadcast, and otherwise exploit Player Images, including any names, likenesses, voice, conversation and any other attributes of the playerʼs personality and appearance, individually or with others, in whole or in part, alone or in conjunction with other material, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity throughout the world, for the purpose of trade, advertising, promotion or any other lawful purpose whatsoever, without additional compensation, consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
- 7.3 Players accept the terms laid out in Clauses 7.1 and 7.2, and that they will not be able to request the removal or discontinuation of use of any Player Images from CAPCOM, CUSA, or any approved 3rd party.
8.1 The following are prohibited in the Tournament under any circumstances.
- Falsifying any entry information
- Use of any user name that include inappropriate or discriminatory words or phrases
- Refusing to follow directions from CAPCOM, CUSA, or Tournament staff
- Use of inappropriate or discriminatory language
- The use of any tobacco or alcohol
- Any action that may disrupt the Tournament in any way
- 8.2 If CAPCOM or CUSA determine that a player has committed any of the actions mentioned in 8.1, CAPCOM and CUSA each reserve the right, at it's sole discretion, to revoke the right to participate in the Tournament (as well as any prize money) at any time.
- 9 Players who may be ill, have heart issues, have blood pressure issues, have a history of seizures or fainting due to light stimulus, have a pacemaker, are pregnant or have a nursing infant, or have any other health issues assume full responsibility and are to participate at their own discretion.
10 The Tournament Participation Terms and Conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with Japanese law.
Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with the Tournament or any prize awarded shall be resolved exclusively by the appropriate Tokyo District Court.
11 If any of the Tournament Participation Terms and Conditions are found inconsistent with each country's law, that law shall supersede.
However, the other terms and conditions of Tournament Participation Terms and Condition which is not inconsistent with such law will still apply to all players.
- 12 The Tournament Particiapate Terms and Conditions are made in Japanese and English. If there is any inconcistency between any provision of this Tournament Participation Terms and Conditions in Japanese and that in English, the former shall prevail.
- 13 Tournament organizers, CAPCOM, and CUSA, reserves the right, each in its sole discretion, to revise, update, change, modify, add to, supplement, or delete certain terms of the Tournament's Terms and Conditions for any reason. Such changes will be effective with or without prior notice.
- 1. Capcom Co., Ltd., a Japanese corporation (“Capcom”), will collect and use personal information of registered players in connection with this tournament (including Qualifiers and Finals, collectively, the “Tournament”) as set out below:
① Collected information: Gamertag (obtained through Smash.gg), name, age, address, nationality and the bank account information.
Purpose of use: To contact you for events or campaigns you may want to participate in, and requirements for joining such events, as well as to provide you with benefits/prizes from Capcom.
Sharing of Information: We may share the collected information with Capcom U.S.A., Inc. located in United States of America, which is an affiliate of Capcom (“CUSA”), and/or third parties in relation to the operation of this Tournament.
② Collected information: images, including any names, age, likenesses, voice, conversation and any other attributes of the playersʼ personality and appearance, recorded during this Tournament.
Purpose of use: Subject to the term of Articles 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3.
Sharing of Information: We may share the collected information with CUSA and/or third parties in relation to broadcasting of such recorded footage.
2. For attendees within EEA (European Economic Area) territories. to the extent General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) applies, Capcom obtains and uses personal information based on the following legal basis.
① Collected information – performance of contract.
② Collected information－consent
How to Participate
Participating in the tournament:
Entry Period: July 3rd, 2018 - August 31th 2018 23:59
Participation Guidelines :
1) Open to all parties (anyone 13 years of age or older may participate)
2) In order for minors to participate in the tournament, a parent or legal guardian is required to accompany the minor player to the event venue in accordance with "CAPCOM Pro Tour Official Provisions "
3) When entering the venue,a tournament staff may ask player to verify his (or her) age.
Minors without an accompanying parent's or legal guardian may be disqualified from the tournament,
if a tournament staff is unable to contact and reach the player's parent or legal guardian.
4) Top eight (8) qualifiers, including minors, are subject to age verification, and notification and contact will be given to parents or legal guardians of minors, if any.
All parents or legal guardians of minor players are requested to be prepared to receive any contacts.
5) The additional round for preliminary qualification will be held in 23rd Sun.
in case the number of participants exceeds. However, a participant draw can also be held under substantial increase of participants.
Please register to enter via the 3rd party website Smash.gg after reading all important information.
Note: The URL linked is English only.
How to enter via Smash.gg
1Creating an AccountNote: To participate in this tournament, you will have to register an account with Smash.gg.
Note: To participate in this tournament, you will have to register an account with Smash.gg.
1) Access the URL below and register an account if you don't already have one.
Note: The URL linked is English only.
2) Open the ribbon on the left side of the site, and click "Register" at the bottom.
3) Enter all necessary details, check the box at the bottom of the page, and click "Sign Up."
4) A confirmation e-mail will be sent to the address you registered.
When you receive the e-mail, please click the "Click here to verify" link.
Clicking this link will take to you to your profile registration screen.
Please fill in all necessary information marked with an asterisk.
5) Registration is complete after step 4, however if you wish to hide your real name you can set "Name Display" to "none" in your profile settings and your real name will not be displayed.
2Entering in the CAPCOM Pro Tour Japan Premier
Note: The URL linked is English only.
1) Entering the tournament can be done via clicking the "Register" button on the top right of the page.
2) Click the "Free Tournament" Continue button on the bottom right of the screen, then from "Tournament" select "CAPCOM Pro Tour Japan Premier, click "Free Tournament" Continue again, check the check box, and click "Complete Registration" to finish the entry process.
3) Once you have entered into the tournament you will receive a confirmation e-mail from smash.gg to the address you registered.
Note: You can check tournament details and make changes from the tournament page's "Manage" button.
STREET FIGHTER V Arcade Edition
CAPCOM Pro Tour Japan Premier Tournament @TGS